The Shuck Family

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

6 months till Dooms Day...

Yup. That's when I (Kim) will forever leave my 20's and transition into mid-life. I'm old. And...a hypocrite. I know I scolded Dave for getting down on his 30th Birthday. "It's just a number." "Your only as old as you act." Hogwash. Now I know. Yes it's just a number, but it's a number for reflection. People use thirty as a marker in life. "When I'm 30 I'm going to be...here...doing this...with this...". Goals are often good, but sometimes when you come up short, it can be a little hard on the goal setter.

I'm going to do it big time. I've had a savings account for over 5 years now. I knew I wanted to make that "leap" somewhere fabulous. Somewhere tropical. After all, you can't be too depressed in the tropics right?

We will be heading to Hawaii (I booked the hotel last night--yea!) to ring in the new year and my "DirtyThirty". I can't help but be a little excited for the trip, so alas I will tolerate this change in decade.

I'm not excited to be 30, but I know I need to turn my attitude around and make this a positive thing ("Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most life the longest."-Father Larry Lorenzoni).


(This was the last time/first time I was in Hawaii with the family I babysat for--it was an awesome experience and I am greatful they took me, but this time it will be
my trip and my plans.)

No comments:

Post a Comment